Go back to blog
The Gruffalo at WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo
- Tuesday 12th November 2019
- Gruffalo, School Holidays
“Oh help! Oh no! It’s a gruffalo!”
WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo is celebrating the 20th Anniversary of the classic children’s picture book The Gruffalo, written by Julia Donaldson and illustrated by Axel Scheffler, by encouraging families to embark on the Gruffalo Spotters Trail!
Explore and search for The Gruffalo and other characters from the story using the Spotters Activity Trail and exciting NEW Augmented Reality App!
Skip and stroll through the zoo like Mouse, wriggle around and hiss like Snake or sneak about on your tiptoes like Fox!
Immerse yourself in our Australian outback and find your favourite characters from the book using the free interactive App and the Spotters Activity book.
Follow the activity leaflet to see who Mouse meets along the way as you follow in his footsteps and stroll through the zoo. Use the fun and Interactive App to bring the characters to life and capture your precious memories!
- When: From November 15th
- Hours: Open daily 10:00am – 5:00pm. Last entry at 4:00pm
Cost: The Gruffalo experience and activity book are included in the entry price to WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo. Adults from $35. Children from $24.60.
Tips to make the most of your journey!
- Download 'The Guffalo Spotters App' before you visit
- Bring a pen so your kids can fill out the activity booklet
- Stand on the signs to scan the AR marker- it takes a few seconds for the photo opportunity to come up, so make sure you give it a bit of time!
To download 'The Gruffalo Spotter AUS' app before your visit!
HOW TO GET YOUR PHOTOS FROM THE APP
Before you embark on The Gruffalo Spotter’s trail, please ensure you understand how your photos are captured and have allowed the App access to your storage.