Are you looking for WILD opportunities?
Are you an aspiring zoo keeper? Do you love native Australian wild life?
WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo takes its visitors on a fascinating tour of Australian wild life from furry to creepy crawlies, inspiring and educating the next generation to love and conserve our planet’s wild life. WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo relies on a suite of expert staff of outgoing guides, meticulous curators, dedicated management executives and passionate wild life experts to make visiting WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo the brilliant family day out that it is!
A Variety of Roles
There’s a world of opportunity at WILD LIFE, and there's every chance we'll have something that’s perfect for you. At front of house and behind the scenes, you'll find experts in many fields, working hard to keep our animals and guests safe and happy.
Head to our page on the Merlin Entertainments ANZ careers website to view and apply for current opportunities.
Volunteering With WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo
If a career in zoo keeping is for you then you are one of many! Zoo keeping has become increasingly popular in recent years resulting in strong competition within the industry.
WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo works closely with TAFE NSW and various Universities within Australia to provide practical experience for those students who are studying to gain entry into the animal care/ zoo industry.
What will put me ahead of the pack when applying for a zoo keeping job?
- A certificate and/or a degree in the animal field are desirable and previous zoological industry experience really goes a long way!
- At WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo, we offer a volunteer program for those currently studying to gain entry into the zoo keeping industry.
What does a volunteer at WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo do?
- Volunteers assist the keepers with their day to day routine. Such activities include the preparation of food and vitamins for the animals, feeding and care of the animals, exhibit maintenance, assisting keepers with preparation for shows and training of the animals plus other day to day tasks as they arise.
When is the next volunteer intake at WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo?
- WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo has two intakes a year for volunteers studying with TAFE NSW; January and July. University Students are accepted on a case by case basis depending on the number of existing volunteers and placement availability.
Does WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo take on year 10 work experience students?
- Unfortunately no - our volunteer positions are for tertiary students who are currently studying at TAFE (Certificate II - Animal Care , Certificate III -Captive Animal Care) as well as University degrees in Animal and Veterinary Bioscience and Agriculture.
Can I volunteer on a weekend?
- We only take volunteers on a weekday i.e. Monday to Friday.
How do I inquire about a volunteer Position at WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo?
- Simple! Email our volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide a bit of background information about yourself and include your resume to assist with the selection process.
Breakfast with the Koalas
- Guided highlights tour of the zoo
- Saturdays & Sundays at 7.30am and 7.45am
- An informative koala talk
WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo offers the unique opportunity to meet our iconic Australian koalas, all while enjoying a hot breakfast in a bush garden setting.