Terms and Conditions of entry and ticket purchase for WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo.
Terms and Conditions of entry and ticket purchase for WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo. Please read carefully before completing your purchase.
All prices shown are in Australian Dollars (AUD).
Any credit card data gathered during online purchases is used purely for the purposes of the transaction and will not be stored permanently.
General Terms and Conditions
The Sydney Aquarium Company Pty Ltd, trading as SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium (ABN: 98 008 631 981), part of the Merlin Entertainments Group, places great importance on the safety of its visitors and endeavours to ensure that the high standards set by the company, are complied with by all those in the Attraction. We are only prepared to allow entry to the Attraction to those visitors who are willing to comply with the Attraction Regulations set out below.
We are sure that you will wish to assist us in ensuring the Attraction and facilities therein remain a safe place in which to enjoy a fun-filled experience. To assist in ensuring your safety, CCTV is in operation within the Attraction.
1. All persons entering WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo are admitted subject to the following Attraction Regulations. Any person who does not comply with these Regulations may be removed from the Attraction by either SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium Security Personnel/Staff or Police Officers. This without prejudice to any claim that the Attraction may have against such a person or persons arising out of their actions. Whilst inside the Attraction, all visitors must comply with any instructions given to them by Security, Attraction Personnel or Police Officers.
2. Sydney Aquarium reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse admission to the Attraction, ban from entry to the Attraction or remove from the Attraction any person who:-
2.1 Has been convicted of a criminal offence, which, in the opinion of WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo, is likely to affect the enjoyment of other visitors;
2.2 Has behaved in the Attraction in a manner, which, in the opinion of WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo, has, or is likely to affect the enjoyment of other visitors
2.3 Uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner, which may provoke a breach of the peace.
2.4 Does not follow the written or verbal safety instructions or behaves in a manner which may endanger the safety of the individual or other visitors in the Attraction.
3. All persons entering the Attraction must pay for admission or hold a valid admission ticket that must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by Staff. Any person attempting to gain admission to the Attraction or being found inside the Attraction without a valid admission ticket may be ejected from the Attraction.
4. No child or children aged 15 or under will be admitted to the Attraction unless they are accompanied by an adult who shall be 18 years or over and such child or children whilst on site must remain under the control or supervision of an adult at all times.
5. No dogs except guide dogs or other pets of any kind shall be allowed in the Attraction.
6. To prevent offensive weapons or dangerous articles from being taken into the Attraction, visitors are admitted to the Attraction subject to a condition that, if requested to do so, they will allow themselves to be searched. It is prohibited to bring into the Attraction any weapons, fireworks, smoke bombs, glass bottles or other articles, which may cause injury. The throwing of any article, which could cause injury or annoyance is strictly prohibited.
7. The consumption of intoxicating liquors is not permitted anywhere in the Attraction. Accordingly, intoxicating liquor must not be taken into the Attraction and any persons found possessing alcohol, or who appear to be under the influence of alcohol will be refused admission or escorted from the Attraction.
8. WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo will endeavour to ensure that as many exhibits as possible are on display. We may, however, without prior notice and without refund or compensation, change the operating hours of the Attraction, close the Attraction or any part of it temporarily, restrict the number of persons having access to the Attraction, and/or close any part of the Attraction or interactive programme for operational reasons.
9. Unnecessary noise (such as that from the use of radio sets and other electrical equipment), or any behaviour likely to cause annoyance/disturbance to other visitors and/or animals or confusion of any kind is not permitted in any part of the Attraction.
10. The climbing of or standing upon railings, barriers or structures is strictly prohibited.
11. Only WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo staff or appointed contractors (such as Magic Memories photography) are permitted to sell or offer for sale any items to visitors within the Attraction, including but not limited to tickets, gift shop items and food and beverages.
12. WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo accepts no responsibility for any loss and/or damage however arising (including that which might arise as a result of any breach of contract) including any distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused to guests whilst in the Attraction.
13. From time to time WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo or other authorised parties carry out photography and/or video recording in the Attraction, which may feature visitors. By accepting these Regulations, you agree that Sydney Aquarium or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with Sydney Aquarium or such authorised party (as the case may be).
14. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere in WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo.
15. The wearing of clothing, which in the opinion of WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo, is offensive to other visitors is not permitted. Footwear and shirts must be worn at all times.
These Regulations are for the benefit of all our visitors and will be strictly enforced.
Ticket Purchase Terms and Conditions
Please note: Tickets purchased online for WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo will appear on your bank or credit card statement as the Sydney Aquarium Company Pty Ltd.
All tickets purchased online require the Visitor to produce the "Print at Home" Ticket on arrival at the attraction. The "Print at Home‟ ticket/s will be emailed to the email address nominated by the Visitor at time of purchase upon successful completion of the transaction. Foreign exchange fees may be applied to some transactions at the discretion of the guest's bank or card issuer. Domestic guests with queries regarding foreign exchange fees can contact the attraction using the contact details provided on the website.
Guests are admitted to the Attraction subject to the Attraction regulations which are displayed at the main entrance, a copy of which is available on request.
Refund Policy: Admission tickets are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, non-refundable and void if altered. They are not valid for special events that require a separate admission charge. All persons entering the Attraction must have a valid entrance ticket which must be retained during your visit. As the tickets are non-transferable, accordingly they may not be sold or passed to any third party.
The visitor attraction known as SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium and situated at Darling Harbour, Sydney ("the Attraction") is owned by Merlin Entertainments Sarl (Merlin). All ticket holders to the Attraction are subject to the following Terms and Conditions and by acquiring one or more tickets to The Attraction ("Ticket" or "Tickets") you confirm to Merlin that you accept these terms and conditions of use. Ticket holders are referred to in these Terms and Conditions as "Visitors".
1. Tickets 1.1 One Ticket purchased entitles one person entry to the Attraction on a single occasion. Once Visitors have left the Attraction, they will need to purchase an additional Ticket to re-enter the Attraction
1.2 All persons entering the Attraction must hold a valid Ticket that must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by any member of staff. Failure to produce a valid Ticket on request may result in removal from the Attraction
1.3 Group Tickets for parties of 10 or more may be available at discounted rates ("Group Tickets"). Please see the Groups section of the Attraction website for details
1.4 Where Ticket prices vary according to age, the following provisions apply:
1.4.1 A person of 16 years or older is classed as an adult;
1.4.2 A person aged 4 to 15 years is classed as a child; and
1.4.3 For children aged 3 years and under, no admission fee will be charged
1.5 Concession Tickets apply to the following groups:
1.5.1 Students, upon production of a valid NSW Student Concession Card
1.5.2 NSW Seniors upon presentation of ID to verify their age as over 65
1.5.3 Carers Card holders, upon presentation of a valid Carers Card
1.6 Disabled rates are available to eligible parties, at 30% off normal admission price Note: One Companion Card Holder can enter free of charge with each person with a disability
1.7 The price of Tickets may vary from time to time and the prices advertised are not guaranteed
1.8 Once acquired, whether by purchase or on a complimentary basis, Tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable and void if altered and Tickets that Merlin reasonably suspects have been transferred or altered will not be honoured. If lost, Tickets will not be replaced.
1.9 Tickets will include entry to most, but not all, areas of the Attraction. Subject to availability and at Merlin's discretion, Visitors may be able to purchase additional tickets to obtain access to all areas of the Attraction
1.10 From time to time, Merlin may issue Tickets under special promotions ("Promotional Tickets") but Promotional Tickets will be available subject to availability and subject to any terms and conditions affecting the particular promotion
2. Pre-booked Tickets
2.1 Pre-booked Tickets purchased via the website (including Priority Access Tickets (as defined below)) should be produced by the Visitor on arrival for inspection and will be scanned to check validity.
2.2 Pre booked Tickets may not be used in conjunction with any voucher, promotion or special offer
3. Priority Access Tickets
3.1 Where available, Visitors will be able to purchase Tickets entitling them to gain entry to the Attraction in priority to holders of standard Tickets ("Priority Access Tickets"). This does not ensure guaranteed entry and queuing may be needed in line with the capacity of the attraction.
3.2 Priority Access Tickets will entitle the Visitor to gain priority access as described at time of purchase.
3.1 during a specified time slot ("the Allocated Entry Time")
3.4 Visitors who miss the Allocated Entry Time are not guaranteed to receive priority access and will need to approach the ticket desk for assistance
3.5 Once purchased, Priority Access Tickets may not be transferred, assigned or re-sold to any third party
4. Time Specific Tickets
4.1 Time Specific Tickets entitle the Visitor to access within the timeslot specified when booking (e.g. after 5pm) if applicable
4.2 Visitors who miss the Allocated Entry Time are not guaranteed entry and will need to approach the ticket desk for assistance
Facebook Koala Breakfast Competition
- The competition will be held once:
- Entries will be open from 19/1/18 at 3pm.
- Entries will close 29/1/18 at 5pm.
- One winner will be selected and notified by Merlin Entertainment by 30/1/18.
- To enter participant must comment on the WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo Facebook post and tag a friend they’d like to join the experience with them. To enter, participant and their friend must also ‘like’ the WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo Facebook page.
- Entrants must be available to attend the Koala Breakfast before 31/3/18. Breakfasts are held on Wednesdays and Sundays of each week. If they cannot attend, they will forfeit their prize and the Promoter reserves the right to elect an alternate winner. Each winner is entitled to bring one (1) person with them to the event.
- Entry is open to residents of NSW, Australia only. However, employees and their immediate families of Merlin Entertainment, and their associated agencies and companies connected with this competition are not eligible to enter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity; proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- Entrants must be over the age of 18 to enter. The winner/s must also sign a release form at the discretion of the Promoter. The release must be completed with the full name, address and telephone number of the entrant’s parent or guardian. Failure to provide such proof, particulars or releases will immediately invalidate the entrant’s entitlement to any prize, subject to State legislation.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including delays in the posting of responses due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
- The cost of entering the competition will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider.
- The Promoter is Merlin Entertainment 1 - 5 Wheat Road, Sydney, NSW, 2000, Australia. ABN: 51147624557
FURTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Facebook membership and the use of Facebook generally are subject to the Facebook prevailing terms and conditions of use available at www.facebook.com. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Entrants are solely responsible and liable for the content of their entries and any other information they transmit to other internet users via Facebook. To the extent permitted by law, each entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and forever hold harmless, Facebook and its associated agencies and companies, against any and all losses, actions, claims, costs, expenses and damages (of any nature) which may be incurred by an entrant in respect of the entrant’s participation in the promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
For full details of how to contact us by phone or email, please visit the contact page.