Health, Safety and Security
Protecting the Magic
Protecting the Magic is about driving a positive, proactive culture of safety across all our attractions. It helps our leaders, people and business partners identify and manage risks effectively, prevent accidents and deliver unforgettable guest experiences.
We focus all our energy on looking after our guests, colleagues, contractors and the animals in our care. Our mission is clear – to always ensure we're Protecting the Magic every day through world class people and practices.
OUR SIX SPELLS OF SAFETY
To Protect the Magic, everyone at SEA LIFE Sydney applies our ‘Six Spells for Safety’. It's a simple step-by-step reminder of what everyone can do to help, whatever their role or responsibility.
- Use your head: Think 'safety first' before starting every task
- Be on guard: Keep guests, colleagues and animals safe
- Do it right: Follow all safety rules and practices
- Take a minute: Always keep your work area safe, secure and tidy
- Tell us now: Report anything unsafe, ask if you're ever unsure
- Help us all: Share your ideas for improving safety
OUR SAFETY CULTURE
and delivering world-class Health, Safety and Security standards that continuously raise the bar.
These are embedded in the organisation through protocol, processes and communications, supported by a central team of health and safety experts. To learn more, read our guide to Health, Safety and Security below and visit www.protectingthemagic.com where both employee and contractor handbooks are accessible.