28 Sep 2018 09:59:03
Do You Dare Try These Bug-alicious Treats?
Try our bug-alicious treats these holidays! They could be the future of our food as we know - hear us out!
- Insects are extremely nutritious and rich in protein, calcium, potassium and iron (some insects even contain more Omega 3 and 6 than fish!)
- There's only a quarter of the calories when comparing to the calories eating beef….I’ll take mine medium rare please!/ which means less time in the gym surely!
- Eating insects is considered more sustainable with insect farming approximately 20 times more efficient than traditional livestock farming.
- The meal options are endless with over 1,500 edible insect species…think Bee-LT Sandwich, Ant tacos, Caramel cricket cheesecake
- Over 2 billion people around the world already eat bugs! (and surely that many people can’t be wrong?!)
So less calories, more nutrition and better for the environment… you heard it here first!
People need to embrace bugs, not fear them! Although at the bottom of the food chain, they really do make the world go round.
So scurry down to WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo these holidays and try some bug-alicious treats!